There's so much that goes into making a career plan. Whether you're still exploring your options or committed to a specific career path, it's important to keep track of your next steps.
Learn more about the process that goes into crafting a career plan and schedule an appointment with a career advisor to begin creating your own individualized plan. In the meantime, use this four-step career plan as a starting point.
- Narrow down your interests using our What Can I Do With This Major webpage?
- Define your interests, your skills and strengths, personality, and values using the resources on our Self-exploration webpage.
- Explore potential occupations on O*Net.
- Attend an NTC Career Chat and gain insight from industry professionals and career advisors.
- Join student organizations related to your intended field to confirm your interest.
- Enroll in one of our career education courses. We offer CRDV 1090: Majors, Internships and Jobs and TYLR 3000: Taylor Your Life.
- Get yourself set up in Handshake, our career management system.
- Meet with a career advisor to go over the job search process and review documents such as your résumé, cover letter, etc.
- Meet with a career peer advisor for the student perspective on job searching, finding internships, etc.
- Schedule informational interviews with professionals in your field of interest.
- Log career services events in your personal calendar for opportunities to network.
- Attend career services events to meet employers or companies you're interested in.
- Meet with our Experts in Residence to gain their insight and leverage their advice and connections.
- Interview on campus with our Employer of the Day.
- Discover opportunities through the Tulane Remote Internship Program.
- Explore the 20,000+ internship and job opportunities logged in Handshake.